Eagle Slide & RPR Pending Good Weather

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacklab2020

Reaction score
Clarksville, MD Avatar: Babo, SE Arete, Summit
Dix Range and Giant/RPR

Anyone interested in traversing the dix range and/or giant and rockypeak ridge?

I would like to shoot for the end of sept. Either the weekend (Fri-Sun) of the 22,23,24 or the 29,30,1.... even the 5,6,7 of october is a possibility if the weather is bad the first two weekends. If the first weekend looks good from a weather viewpoint, I am likely to jump at the opportunity while its there.

I had this crazy late night idea of maximizing a 3 day weekend in the daks .... Day 1 (Friday): dix range (approach from south fork boquet river to east dix slide, or herd path if wet) finishing near dial pond leanto... Day 2 (Sat,easy day): noonmark to base of eagle slide (if conditions are right) OR somewhere near giant. Day 3: Giant and RPR to Rt3 9...

And now that I am pretty set on it I am totally psyched to get back to the daks

I realize many might not want to join for the entire trip (i.e. those who are just interested in the dixs or rocky peak ridge)... but I would be willing to work around other's schedules to accomadate as many as possible (e.g. hike for one or two days or meet up with different people on Saturday)

Justin

Originally I posted about Eagle Slide as follows:

I am looking for company to do a slide climb September 23, 24, preferrably anyone who has done class 3-4 slides before and has considerable climbing experience. I am willing to do this as a group... but dont want to push it bigger than 4 people without knowing more about the interested individuals.

There is a good chance that if the weekend of the 23,24th doesnt work out, I can push this back to the following weekend.

Ideally if conditions are fairly dry, I would like to do Eagle Slide on saturday (early start e.g. 5:30am) and move partway down RPR to bivy/stay the night and finish at rte 9 on sunday. (I'd be willing to make this a sub 24-hr trip if that is the primary interest of those who respond)

If the weather doesn't hold out for Eagle... i.e. wet all week or rainy, I'd be willing to do Nippletop slide (which i have done in the rain) or hit up the dix range or santanonis...

~Justin

Last edited: