East Kennabago-Sat 9/24?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckyball1

Reaction score
I'm thinking of trying E Kennabago early this Saturday morning (9/24)--anyone interested? I will be traveling from Brewer, ME area--if it goes smoothly, i'm open to another small climb in the afternoon--thanks---jim

When we were last there in July, a very agitated moose was circling the summit area, getting closer and closer to us, then backing off. We wondered if there was a calf somewhere, or if something bad had happened, as there were many piles of fresh bear scat everywhere. I was really spooked, and it was no fun trying to climb over the blowdowns attached to a very excited dog! Have a great time, but I don't plan to go back any time soon. :eek:

We ascended via the yellow-blazed boundary but descended the traditional way as we always have, from the northerly col. (The moose wasn't blocking that direction.) It was amazing to see how fast the herd path has grown in, now that it appears most people are using the boundary route.