Edible Plants of New England, 7/27 at Joy St

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B the Hiker

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not connected to this event, but it looks very interesting and thought I would pass it along for those in the Greater Boston area. Hope to see you there!

Brian

Tuesday, July 27, at the AMC's Cabot Auditorium at 4 Joy Street, Boston. Doors open at 6:30PM for snacks and social time. Presentation starts at 7pm sharp! Free.

Did you know that New England is home to over 150 species of edible wild plants and dozens of species of edible mushrooms? What about the reported fact that many are more nutritious and flavorful than their cultivated counterparts? Russ Cohen, expert forager and author of Wild Plants I Have Known...and Eaten, will join us for a 90-minute slide show and question and answer period. He will cover over 70 of the tastiest species the region has to offer. These range from plants you know well, like Daisies and Dandelions, to plants that you may never have even heard of, like Calamus and Carrion Flower. He'll include information on about a dozen of the tastiest (and easiest to recognize) mushroom species, from Morels in the spring, Black Chanterelles in the summer and Hen of the Woods mushrooms in the fall. Information covered will include identification tips, edible portions, seasons of availability and preparation methods, along with general guidelines for safe and environmentally responsible foraging. Russ promises to bring along a foraged goodie or two to taste! This Program is co-sponsored with Slow Food Boston.

Latest posts