EMS Club Day sale this weekend

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny, my local EMS store had their club day already in Oct.... so this would be the 2nd one for the fall...

Jay

Has anyone checked out the new REI store in West Hartford yet? (I don't know if they are having a sale or not....its the new kid in town.)

Jay H said:
Funny, my local EMS store had their club day already in Oct.... so this would be the 2nd one for the fall...

Jay
That one in Oct wasn't a club sale (like it used to be the previous years). That was an "everyone" sale.

The difference between the club days sale this weekend and the Oct one this year is that it is 20% for everything, including Merrells, Uggs (both excluded from Oct sale), and kayaks (were 15% for Oct sale).

Paradox said:
Does one need to belong to a club of some sort?
Yeah, outdoor clubs/organizations - Sierra club, AMC, GMC, ADK, Boy scouts, etc. Bring your card and if you're not sure then just call them in advance and they'll check their "list" and see if you are "in" ;)

Last edited:
Aha, the confusion lies in when EMS used to just have club days twice a year and then changed it to their Upgrade your Gear days.. I never stopped referring them as club days even though it wasn't really a club day. In any case, 20% off is good, no matter what they call it. Maybe VFTT should promote itself as a club and issue patches. :)

Jay

Jay H said:
Aha, the confusion lies in when EMS used to just have club days twice a year and then changed it to their Upgrade your Gear days.. I never stopped referring them as club days even though it wasn't really a club day. In any case, 20% off is good, no matter what they call it. Maybe VFTT should promote itself as a club and issue patches. :)

Jay
Yeah, they unfortunately can never make up their minds and stick to something, which only leads to confused customers...

DougPaul said:
Used to be necessary but no longer. They now do things like club-only on Thurs, everybody Fri-Sun.

Doug
That is SO last year!! ;)

But really, last year and a few previous (after they stopped having just Club Days) there used to be one big sale (Upgrade Your Gear) in late October - club members would get first dibs on Thursday and the rest of the public would get Fri-Sunday. It still excluded certain items like Merrells and kayaks.
This year they are doing it in two separate weekends - the one in October was Upgrade Your Gear and this one coming up is the club one, with the differences I mentioned.

I wouldn't count on going in this weekend without a club card and getting a discount.

EMS 40% off

Any inside info on the up to 40% off sale November 21-25 that's advertized on the inside cover of the November AMC Outdoors magazine?

My man on the inside is going to check it out, but the ad is "Up To" 40% off everything, in stock items only, regular retail, etc.

Keep in mind this is AFTER the club days sale and is in stock items only.

mcorsar said:
On these 20% off weekends, doesn't the site usually reflect the sale?

'Cause it doesn't right now, just a "cold weather sale."

I might swing over the Poughkeepsie store tomorrow to pick up some Stablicers if they're on sale.

Matt
This is a club only sale and so the marketing is not full on - the word is being spread by word of mouth or directly from store to known local organizations. It's essentially a sale that's not meant for the general public so it's not on the website, especially since you couldn't really prove easily on the website that you are truly a certain club member.
IMO, if I was a club member I'd use this sale for non-EMS items that usually don't go for 20% - kayaks, merrells, uggs (like I mentioned)... ice tools, TNF denali jacket, stoves, food, MH clothes, etc...
EMS clothes can usually be had at 20%-40% during other select sales and I can't confirm but I'm guessing everything in the "cold weather sale" will be ringing up as such in stores.

If you ARE a club member, then everything will be on sale today and tomorrow. Capice? ;)

I just called EMS and was told it's a Fri/Sat sale, the whole store is 20% off, and that it is a Club Sale only! So bring your AMC Membership Card.

bob

edit: didnt see the previous post. Sorry for the redundancy.

cbcbd said:
This is a club only sale and so the marketing is not full on - the word is being spread by word of mouth or directly from store to known local organizations. It's essentially a sale that's not meant for the general public so it's not on the website, especially since you couldn't really prove easily on the website that you are truly a certain club member.
IMO, if I was a club member I'd use this sale for non-EMS items that usually don't go for 20% - kayaks, merrells, uggs (like I mentioned)... ice tools, TNF denali jacket, stoves, food, MH clothes, etc...
EMS clothes can usually be had at 20%-40% during other select sales and I can't confirm but I'm guessing everything in the "cold weather sale" will be ringing up as such in stores.

If you ARE a club member, then everything will be on sale today and tomorrow. Capice? ;)

I understand everything except capice. ;)

Matt