EMS Sale through 6/26/05

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waumbek

Reaction score
Avatar: "World's Windiest Place" Stamp (5/27/06)
Buy any three items at EMS for any price (really) and take 20% off one item (highest price item OK), 15% off the second, and 15% off the third. Second and third items could be Power Bars or whatever. No strings attached that I could see. Limit one three-item purchase per customer. I don't work there. I was just looking for boots.

I just used my coupon last night. I think you need the coupon if you go the store (?), but this applies automatically on the website.

Ha! I was gonna post this same info as I just got back from there a few hours ago. I bought a Camelback Hydration bladder, some bug dope and the Dickerman/Smith book 4000 footers of the WM. The discount was applied to the bladder and bug dope, but not the book apparently. I didnt even know they were running this sale in the store until I walked up to the counter!
Brian

Ah, I got my coupon in the mail. It said "one postcard per customer" -- so I imagine they said that to prevent people from coming back several times. That's nice that they rang it up anyway -- it's always nice to get that unexpected deal. :)

Seems like EMS has been doing this same promo every few months. They're always doing freebies, coupons, sales, etc. Not that I'm complaining-a few weeks ago I got to test-paddle one of their kayaks when they were doing a demo @ the village regatta near my place. Anyhow, I might take advantage of this weekend's offer to grab a 3/4 Bear Vault. I doubt I'll find one for less than $60 anytime soon.

This sale was happening Thursday when I picked up a couple of items. The EMS guy (Peterborough NH) said that it was 20% of the first item, 15% of the second item, and 15% off the third item. I did not need a coupon or post card. He also said that the upper 20 and 15 applied whether further items were purchased or not (i.e. if I purchased one item, it would be 20% off, regardless of further purchases). This not only lowered the MSR Miniworks below any other price I could find, but also talked me into a new headlamp. After 20+ years, I feel like the old one should be retired with some sort of ceremony. Poor thing... to hike no more...

Thursday was my first trip to the one in Peterborough. The sales people there seemed much more informed than staff I've met elsewhere.