EMS Summit TL rucksack

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikerfast

Reaction score
I saw that new ems summit TL had a shovel pack for snowshoes and such, and wanted to try it out. I brought my old ems 3000(from 1991) rucksack down to ems, stuffed to the gills.Everything in my old 3000 fit in the new TL, and I had a FOOT of room left over to put more in. Funny, because they are sposed to be the same size. The shovel pack is nice to put snowshoes in, and it has a light frame and a heavier hipbelt. The thing comes with a hydration bladder too, which I haven't used yet but hear rave reviews about. The pack on the lid on the summit TL is bigger and easier to use than on the 3000. I took it out sunday on my hike, and the thing felt real good on my back. I went back last night and got the large instead of the medium. about 300 more cubic inches. Seems like a good deal all around. I carry more in the winter than I used to, for safety reasons, and felt the need for a new pack. It's 2 lbs 10 more than the 3000, but no biggie I don't think. The snowshoes ride pretty high above the pack which could be hard ducking under things, but perhaps I could use the side straps to keep them on the sides. The ems 3000 didn't have wide enough straps to allow that. I wonder how many national magazines will pick up my review..hehe