Experience Life on the Edge! 10/4/09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Berard

Reaction score
N. Thetford, VT Avatar: Cabot, winter 2011
Hillwalker and I will be doing a days worth of work on the AT Boundary on Smarts this upcoming Sunday. We will be hiking up the Daniel Doan Trail until we hit the Boundary for the AT, and then scouting the surveyed boundary, and refreshing the paint on the axe blazes, clearing some trees for sight lines, and finding the AT medallions which are placed every 500 feet along the corridor. Its kind of like a treasure hunt! All tools will be provided. Bring gloves and a lunch, of course! We could really use a couple extra people to help with swamping for Tom, who will likely be doing the tree clearing.

We haven't set a meeting time yet, but it will be at the Daniel Doan Trailhead Sunday morning. I'll post more details as I have them, but again, we could really use some extra hands with this. The corridor is what protects the trail from encroachment by logging, dumping, motorized vehicle use, and development, among other things.

Thanks!

jason