Extreme Hiking Temperatures -- The Test

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sardog1

Reaction score
If it ain't snowin' there, we ain't goin' there.
Some will recall my earlier fascination with record minimum temperatures in the various U.S. states. Since I'm stuck inside while some of you are ----- enough to go hiking this weekend, I thought I'd post a couple more test questions for you to ponder in the future when thinking of places to hike and/or live. Answers will be in another thread. You'll enjoy it more if you don't cheat by looking up the answers before answering.

1. List in order the states with the five highest state maximum temperatures. Bonus: Specify their respective records. Hint: Fifth place is a tie between two states, at least one of which will probably shock you.

2. List in order the five states with the greatest range between their state record maximums and record minimums. Hint: Only one of the states in the answer to question 1 made it onto this list.

Last edited:
just guessing:

1. CA 2. NV 3. AZ 4. UT 5. TX

1. WY 2. CA 3. NV (I know that makes 2 but I'm hedging) 4. SD 5. CO

Edit: That was harder than you would think. But I knew there was a Dakota in there someplace. Forgot about Alaska. (is there an emoticon for duh) :eek:

Last edited: