Feb.29 Peakbagging

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoySwkr

Reaction score
Some years ago, a guy I sometimes hiked with told me he'd hiked South Kinsman on Feb.29 and was planning to hike another 4000-footer the next Feb.29. Unfortunately that guy was already over 40 and at 1 per day he would never get them all on Feb.29.

But now that the NH 4000-footers have been hiked in 11 days in winter (and could presumably be done in fewer if you had 4 years to rest between hikes), it appears that some avid hiker under 30 might even be able to get them all on Feb.29.

The forecast is good for Sunday, so here's your chance to get started :)

Excellent post! A full Presi traverse gets you eight straight away, or a Pemi horseshoe loop gets you 10 to 12 if you start at midnight.....if the weather cooperates, given four years rest between efforts, you might be able to pull this off in 20 years (6 days)?

Lets see...

I'm fifty three now. Got other plans on Sunday so i couldn't start until 2008...

Sure, no problem. I think I'll be able to do Tecumseh, the TriPs, Whiteface and Passaconaway when I'm 77.