Finding Stabilicers this time of the year

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadtripper

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering where I could find Stabilicers this time of the year in or around Boston.

I'm looking for the heavy duty types, not the sport model or the blues ones.

Thanks!

I had trouble with this in the past - most places will remove that kind of stock this time of year...Hilton's in Boston may be your best bet...I would imagine you would strike out at EMS or REI until autumn.

Campmor would also work and they ship fast!

EMS in Peterborough NH had a display rack on the floor. I thought it was a little early for them. Might want to call your local ems.

Responding to why someone would need them this time of year...I was at Kittery Trading Post last weekend and heard a customer saying he was looking for them for fishing, that they were helpful standing on wet rocks.

Ed 'n Duffy said:
Now you've really got my curisoity. Is there any chance of asking where you would be using Stableicers at this time of year? :confused:

There's a group of 8 of us heading to the Alps on Sunday and I hear that even the valleys have been getting snow lately. We were planning on 70 degree hiking, but it's not looking too good. If there's more than a couple inches left on the ground before we fly out, I'm going to ask everybody that doesn't already have a pair of stabilicers to pick some up just in case.

Stabilizers

What Size Do You Take?
I May -(not Making Any Promises) - Be Able To Help You Out. If Not Maybe I Can Find You A Pr.
The Ones I Have Are New & The Vibram Sole Version. I Got Them For "someone" Who Has Never Used Them So It's Stupid For Them To Just Sit There Looking Bored. Let Me Know

A Few Places Online Also

EVEN THO IT'S SUMMER THEY AREN'T MARKING THESE DOWN AS MUCH AS I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT BUT HERE'S A FEW PLACES:

backcountry.com
cabelas.com
basegear.com
shoeicecleats.com
greatoutdoorsdepot.com
amazon.com

just key in stabilicers
max price seems to be around $44 for the best ones & $29 for the lites