Franconia Ridge Loop 10/31

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmorgan

Reaction score
Long Island, NY Avatar: The REAL Dylan goe
Hey all, I'm up in North Conway on vacation with my wife for the week. I'd like to try this loop from Lafayette campground up the Falling Waters trail to Little Haystack, then across to Mt Lincoln and Mt Lafayette, returning on the Greenleaf Trail and Old Bridle path back to Lafayette Campground.

The books say it's 8.8 miles and 4000 ft gain and is supposed to take 8 hours. I'd like to allow for more time and still get out during daylight.

So I'm thinking a 7 a.m. start from the campground.

Anyone interested in joining me?

I'll check back here and on my email ([email protected]) or you can try calling my cell phone at 631-514-4389.

Kevin

Actually, I think the White Mountain Guide book time is about 6 and a half hours. You might start a little later and give it a chance to warm up some.

I did that route (but clockwise) last Friday. I pulled in about 9AM and found more than a dozen cars in the parking lot already. Looks like tomorrow's weather will be pretty decent, so there may be a similar turnout.