Free gear (used but useful still)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carole

Reaction score
With the threads on ‘gearoholics’ and ‘money spent on hiking’ I decided to visit my gear room – it’s raining, why not. I knew there were some items in there that I hadn’t used for a while and really don’t need so I took some pics and if they are of interest to you let me know. They are free for the asking (you can refund the shipping if you like). Send me a private message or email if you want more info rather than post here. (I’ll edit when they are spoken for.) Edit: All items are shipped.

Perhaps others would like to add a post of some items they no longer use and want to go to a good home.

LLBean top loading pack / closed (spoken for)
URL=http://community.webshots.com/photo/550310330/2773504260046046716nWmZOp]
open[/URL]
(black and silvery grey)
maybe 1500-2000 cu.in (back measures 21”L x 16”W)
2 adjustable back stays, wicking mesh padded back panel, hydration sleeve, shovel panel, rip-stop nylon, mesh bottle holders

LLBean panel loading day pack (navy blue) (spoken for)
maybe 1000 cu. in. (back measures 19”L x 11”W)
2 compartments, covered bottle holders on sides, removable foam support (can double as a seat pad)

EMS waist pack (black) (spoken for)
3 compartments, 2 mesh water bottle holders on side

Goretex coat (black) (spoken for)
Men’s size large, hooded, back vent, nylon lined

(I also have some bike panniers but didn’t take pictures. I will if someone’s interested.) Pictures added below

Last edited:
More used stuff…

More used stuff…
My husband was amazed at the interest and offered up 2 of his packs he no longer needs.

Kelty pack (well used but again still useful) (spoken for)
back is 22”L x 12”W
adj. metal stays, lumbar support pad, large side pockets

LL Bean pack (green) same style as navy blue in first post but larger (spoken for)
back is 21”L x 11”W
lumbar support pad, removable foam support (doubles as seat pad)

I also added pics of the
Nashbar bike panniers (2 sets) one green set and one black set (both spoken for)
12”H x 11”W x ~6”D
side and top pouches on each, carry handles, reflector tape

Last edited:
While the waters rose around me, I cleaned out unused gear, PM'd back an forth with several and sent everything out today. It's still raining...time to clear out some gear?

This is a great way to recycle gear! Hats off to you Carole! I've passed on a couple of jackets this way. I'll be putting some more stuff up once I begin to clear out my storage area.....