Fri, 3/17, Crocker/S. Crocker/Redington, Maine

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lx93

Reaction score
Fairfax, VA... land of the 2-hour commute
Round-trip Caribou Valley Road to Crocker/S. Crocker 6.2 miles + Redington 2+ miles bushwack.

I hike at a fairly quick pace, but if my partner(s) is/are slower, I will stay with them, as the added safety adds to the joy of having someone to chat with along the way.

If anyone can't come this hike, but wants to come along on other hikes, I am planning on doing the remaining 8 four-thousand footers I have left in Maine on Sat., 3/18, Mon, 3/20, Tues, 3/21, Sat, 3/25 and if necessary, Wed, 3/22, Thus, 3/23, & Fri, 3/24.

If the weather cooperates, #67 will be Saturday, 3/25.

Just an FYI for your planning - I was up CVR over the weekend, you can only drive 3.3 miles in, leaving a 1.2 mile road walk to the AT crossing/Crockers trailhead and a BIT further for Reddington.
Snowmobilers had packed the road down pretty much all the way to Reddington.
The drive out of CVR in the afternoon was a bit sketchy. The sun had warmed the snow/ice and there was a good amount of mud to get through, I have AWD and it wasn't terrible, but just so you know, the road might be more of a challenge than the hike!!

Have fun!!