Friend is looking for coyote images

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sardog1

Reaction score
If it ain't snowin' there, we ain't goin' there.
Mods, please feel free to remove or relocate this thread as you may deem fit.

A friend in NH who is a coyote expert and advocate needs some images of said animal for her web site. If you're willing to donate use rights for your image(s), please let me know by PM and I'll put you in touch with her. You can dicker over the terms directly with her -- I'm not her agent, just her friend. :)

Here's one. Sardog, just pm me with her contact info. If she wants the picture, she can have it. I wasn't planning on it funding my retirement on anything.

Last edited:
This article on coyotes will appear in the magazine section of tomorrow's Globe.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/m...0/how_we_can_coexist_peacefully_with_coyotes/

Interesting quote from the article - "If a coyote is staring at or following you, he probably has had previous contact with humans and thinks you are going to feed him. To scare away the animal, yell or clap your hands loudly or throw something."

These wild dogs have been of greater interest to me since the attack of the young girl (singer Taylor Mitchell) was attacked and killed by coyotes in Nova Scotia last year.

I was sort of teasing Sardog1 when this thread was in Photography about what his friend is "advocating" for: coyote are hardly endangered. I do think, though, it's good to understand their roll in the northeast as a higher level predator. Similar to the wolf reintroduction in the Yellowstone area and the resulting reduction in the elk herds, hopefully coyote can help reduce deer population here.

In terms of danger to humans: I do think attacks will become more frequent and widely reported but will still be way down on the list of things we should really be concerned about outdoors.