Gathering 8.0 - Carpool Thread

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chomp

Reaction score
Well, not sure if this will work out or not, but I figured with gas prices as high as they are, we might as well try to get some carpooling going on. Here are my plans:

- I will be leaving Concord, NH sometime after 5:00 PM on Friday. I'll have the "LOVE WAGON" with me, so that leaves room for 5 people (and three bikes, BTW) if anyone wants to drive up here and and leave with me. Also, I work at State Police HQ, so its possibly the safest place in the state to leave your car.

- Right now, I am planning on hitting East Burke, VT for some mtn biking on Sunday, and leaving from there to head home. If anyone that rode up with me wanted to hike, say, Burke Mtn, this would work out. Otherwise, I am sure that over 50% of the people at the Gathering will be passing very near Concord on their way home. Anyone have extra space?

- There is the chance that we might move the mtn biking day to Saturday. This would make sense on a many levels (Darren and I could drive together, and I would have to guess that Bruno would only come along if we rode on Saturday, since he already has a long drive on Sunday). If that is the case, then I would be willing to bring back whoever I took after hiking either Mansfield or Camel's Hump.

Anyone else heading up with extra room? BTW - if other people out there with similar plans want to carpool, and drop a car in Concord, my office is a great place to drop a car. Its lighted and surrounded by about a hundred state trooper cars. And only 2 miles off i-93 (about 5 miles total from I-89).

GREAT thread! I could use a ride from Franconia area Saturday afternoon or evening. Will GLADLY pay gas $$$ and then some per rental care avoidance savings!!! :D :D :D

Gris said:
GREAT thread! I could use a ride from Franconia area Saturday afternoon or evening. Will GLADLY pay gas $$$ and then some per rental care avoidance savings!!! :D :D :D

I will be passing through Lancaster on Rt 2 around that time on Saturday. I wouldn't mind some gas money and company if you think you might be able to get up there. It's not exactly "pick you up at your door" service but, it's the best I can offer.

I'll be leaving Newton, MA sometime late Fri afternoon, somewhat flexible on that, heading up rt. 128, then rt. 3, then I-93, then the state liquor store in Concord, then I-89, then the state liquor store in Lebanon, then the detox center in White River Junction, then ...

It's not a long ride, looks like just a few inches on the map ...

Coming back Sunday, willing to do a short hike, then stop somewhere for chow and to catch part of the Patriots-Panthers game.

Room for a passenger or two. PM me by Thurs. afternoon if interested.

I'm leaving WNY sometime on Thursday afternoon - early evening and heading East through Whitehall, NY over into VT and up to Stowe. Minivan with room and a rack.

No smokers, no speeding and must enjoy Christian radio... (kiddin about all of that... well maybe not the smoking part unless you hang your head and shoulders out the window!)

I'm leaving Hyannis around 1/2 Friday with a quick stop at EMS, heading up Rt. 6 to 3 thru Boston, then 93 (stopping at liquor store in Concord) to 89. I have to leave first thing Sun. am to get back home, with a stop in Quincy. Will be driving whatever the rental car company hands me the keys to.

Passengers must tolerate smoking (will not hang head and shoulders out window for safety reasons :) ), 80's Funk, and my driving like a granny. Seriously.

Hhmmmm, ya think I'll get any takers?