Gathering 8.0 Dinner at The Shed

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Menu Choices

• Veggie quesadilla

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Fish and chips, w/cole slaw

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Barn burger w/FF

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Half rack of ribs w/FF and cole slaw

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Chicken breast sandwich w/FF

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Shepherd's pie

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Too pricey, but I'll go any way

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Too pricey and I won't be going

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

teejay

Reaction score
The Beautiful Finger Lakes; Avatar: 4 Hrs. up, 4
I talked with JoAnn from The Shed this afternoon. Here's the deal, see if it agrees with everyone. We'll have the six selections from the menu choices above. They will serve a bunch of appetizers before dinner. They don't pour pitchers so it will be cash bar. The price she quoted me was $20 plus 18% tip and 9% tax for total each of $25.40. Sounds a bit pricey to me but if you can live with it, I'll go for it. I'll put an option in the poll if you think it is too expensive or you can let me know by email. There's no need to reply to this post, I'm just trying to get an idea of what people want.

The poll is multiple choice so if you are coming with others their choices can also be entered.

teejay

Last edited:
It is a little steep for someone who doesn't eat all that much. Of course, if I were my 15 year old son it would be a great deal!

I'm going anyway.

BTW, is there anything special one should know before arriving at the campground after dark on Thursday, maybe pretty late?

Teejay, here is something to consider . . . I looked at their menu and most of the items on the list of 6 are priced between $8.50 and $12 . . . even if every person ordered their own appetizer, the cost of each person would be well under $20 before tax and tip so does it really work in our favor to go with the pre-ordered meal or just order off the menu. Just a thought . . . BTW, here is the link where I got the menu.

http://www.gostowe.com/dining/members_single.php?mid=82&c=37

sli74

based on Sli74's post, I would go and order off the menu.
This way some people can splurge and some people can be more frugal and some can just DRINK :D
There are options for all.
This way we all can just hang out and enjoy ourselves.

I voted too pricey but will go...for the camaraderie
Al

What is the approximate dinner time? The cost doesn't concern me, but I'm not sure I'll be getting off-island in time to make dinner before 8. :( But I'll be there in time to drink! :D

Bit pricey

I haven't confirmed these arrangements with The Shed. But based on the poll results it might make more sense for everyone to order right from the menu. Sli was right in pointing out the prices, I have the menu also. For some reason JoAnn kept quoting $20+ tax and tip which didn't add up, as the cost of the appetizers was about $5/person. The reason I had wanted to go with the fixed menu/fixed price was to make it easier when bill time came around.

Unless there is an uproar, I'll go ahead and confirm with The Shed for Friday Sept. 16. We will order from the menu. Arrival/cocktail starting at 7:00 with dinner at 8:00.

BTW, they have are just coming out with a new menu, which I haven't seen yet, but prices are somewhat higher than the current one.

teejay

You might mention to them that if they lower the prices to make it reasonable for folks, it will be a lot easier on them to serve us--just a thought. Pointing out the large discrepency may help--not sure what they were thinking. (Although I drink and eat enough that the $20 didn't phase me--or I'm just used to Boston prices. It's rare to get out of a restaurant for dinner for less.)

I talked with The Shed today. We will order from the menu. Individual checks will have 18% gratuity added. Cockt.. er, beer will start around 7:00 and we will order about 8:00.

I'll also post directions, informal schedule and contact information on the Gathering thread later.

teejay

I am heading up after work on Friday, so I'll be there sometime after 8:00 for drinks, but no dinner. I don't think I can make it the entire ride over there without grabbing a bite. See you all there next Friday.