Gloves

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rup

Reaction score
Saw a nice pair of Marmot leather work gloves. I'm always looking for gloves for backyard work - espec cold weather. But at ($35) 3.5 x the cost of Sears / Home Depot ($10) gloves, wonder about the benefit. These is no seam where the fingers meets the palm, so perhaps more comfy when gripping the axe?

I have a pair of marmot leather gloves. They must have been a gift. Don't remember buying them. Wouldn't ruin them in the yard. Driving gloves mostly.

For 35 bucks I'd buy two pairs of these: http://www.kinco.com/products.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=46&category_id=1

They have a loyal following among skiers and climbers, partly because they are trendy, but mostly because they work. I'd buy them for hiking and then consign them yard work after they start to wear out (which will be a while). You can have new gloves every two months for the price of some of the fancy outdoor brand models, but since they last, you won't need to.

Do not see a price list on the Kincos.

Thanks all. Someone bought the gloves, so not an option - at least at that store. Prob disc o/l somewhere anyhow.

I've never had elkskin gloves, but Lauky's leash was tearing up some expensive ski gloves, in particular the left glove as that's the hand I use for the leash. I found a pair of Kinko pigskin insulated waterproof gloves that I now use for hiking. Cost about $13 at Reny's. The are now my go to winter hiking gloves. The pigskin has shown no sign of wear. They are warm and roomy and there is room for liners if you should want them. I carry a pair of liners in my pack but so far have not used them. On a really wet day they will soak through but they are as water resistant as two other pair of Goretex gloves that I own. Much less expensive than the Goretex ski gloves, much more durable, not as 'smart' looking and I have had some comments from the fashion conscious but too bad--they're a best buy. http://www.kinco.com/products.html?...ypage_images.tpl&product_id=73&category_id=10 :)