good Sven Somme Article (Norwegian Spy escaping Nazis)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip

Reaction score
As a Yute, I would obstacle run the swamp in our neighborhood, bog hopping, falling and climbing small trees to make them bend (sometimes break) to cross areas or just for fun.

Sven used this technique (and a whole lot more) to evade recapture.

Interesting article.

"He was pursued by 900 enemy soldiers with sniffer dogs and trekked for 200 miles across snow-capped mountains, even swinging from pine trees so not to leave footprints behind."

Great article. Thank you for pointing it out.

Are you familiar with Nine Lives (Ni Liv)/We Die Alone? It is a book by David Howarth about Jan Baalsrud, a Norwegian resistance fighter, and it tells a similar story. He was separated from his colleagues during a botched raid on the Norwegian coast, then made his way into Lapland—amputating his toes when they turned gangrenous. I thought the book was thrilling, and it was turned into an excellent movie in 1957.

Great article. Thank you for pointing it out.

Are you familiar with Nine Lives (Ni Liv)/We Die Alone? It is a book by David Howarth about Jan Baalsrud, a Norwegian resistance fighter, and it tells a similar story. He was separated from his colleagues during a botched raid on the Norwegian coast, then made his way into Lapland—amputating his toes when they turned gangrenous. I thought the book was thrilling, and it was turned into an excellent movie in 1957.
Haven't seen the movie but +1 on the book being excellent. Thanks for posting Chip, interesting read.