Goose Eye - 7/12

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Kittredge

Reaction score
Goose Eye (New England Hundred Highest) and Carlo via Goose Eye, Mahoosuc and Carlo Col Trails. 8 miles, 2700'.

Moderate to brisk pace, 8AM start.

Lemme know if you're interested.

Bob Kittredge

Success

I expect I'll do Success on another trip. I'm putting in a fairly strenuous hike the day before, and I wanted something easier and more mellow for Sunday. Besides, I'm as interested in doing new trails (e.g. Carlo Col) as I am in bagging new peaks.

if you ever want to have a more strenuous hike, skip the AT between Success and Carlo (ugghhhh)... for that matter Mt Carlo also... and do all 3 Goose Eye peaks and Fulling Mill Mtn. much more satisfying. MichaelJ and MEB and Little Sister and I did this hike a few years ago, there must be a trip report here somewhere.

...skip the AT between Success and Carlo (ugghhhh)... for that matter Mt Carlo also...
Blasphemy! Mt Success is most satisfying and the Carlo Col shelter is one of the best! And if you are looking for small box canyons, Carlo Col is a prime specimen. I also love the view coming over Mt Carlo over to Goose Eye.
Disclaimer: I might be a bit biased: Goose Eye was my first peak.:D