Gore trail closed?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adk_dib said:
I was at gore parking area yesterday and it said "Trail close, heavy construction". Is it really closed?
Reading your TR, it sounds like you might already have the answer? The trails that we followed were never far from the ski slopes. Perhaps they are doing work on the slopes, or making new ski runs?

Adk_dib,

When you were at Gore parking, were you at the old Ski Bowl, off Route 28 where the Schaeffer Trail starts, or at the ski area parking lot by the base lodge?

There could certainly be construction in either location, but specifically Gore is putting in a new lift at the Ski Bowl this summer. (This info is from the Goremountain.com website, under "The Mountain"/"Improvements".)

TCD

Last year the trails from the main Gore Mtn ski area were closed on weekdays due to construction, but open weekends so that gondola people could walk down

Gore Trail closed

I was passing by Gore Mt. this morning after getting rained out on Pillsbury. The woman I spoke with in the business office said that for all practical purposes access to the summit and tower is not possible until the construction is finished. I guess they are putting in at least one new lift and one or more new trails as well as doing some other work on the mountain. She said that they would put a note on their web site when things are finished. Don't know if there is a trail that follows the ski slope or not but from what I could see it would eliminate a good bit of elevation and distance although not as pretty as the Schaefer Trail.

Latest posts