Got my REI Rebate!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay H

Reaction score
Got my REI Dividend/rebate!

I could not find my old thread about the REI rebates (perhaps it was pre-crash) so I posted this new thread. I got my '03 rebate emailed to me today, yay me and a 20% members only coupon too.

I was looking at their winter closeouts at rei.com, maybe I'll buy a sled...:)

What are you going to buy with your rebate?

Jay

Last edited:
Since it can't be used on ski gear, the 20% off coupon is going towards a replacement bike rack for my car (the last one got, er, wrecked). The rebate is probably going towards alpine ski boots. I'm not buying skis yet (too new at the sport), but I'd like my own boots for consistency and fit.

I've already spent mine... well most of it. I bought a prolite 3 thermarest to replace my ultralight.

My cat have used my ultralight as a scratching post when I left it out to dry. I've given up trying to fill all those little holes she made. :)

-- Ivy

I couldn't beleive the size of the dividend this year.
I had planned on getting a Sierra Designs Hyperlight tent for my Alaska trip this year, but I just got a bargain on a 18 oz Black Diamond Beta Light for $86 on Ebay.
Hmmm. Sooo much money and Too much gear in the gear closet!!!!!

I got a snail mail package but haven't opened it up yet. I get a pitance from REI because I buy pretty much everything from the outlet store or using a coupon, but that is why I got an REI Visa card so all my other purchases get points.

I'm thinking of getting the Swiss Bob sled thing that is discussed in the sledding thread cause it's on sale at REI.com I think you can use the dividend at rei.com and just nothing on rei-outlet.com or something like that. I've got to go read the fine print.

Saw the Banff Mountain Film Festival last night and didn't get time to go through my snail mail. Fun time and I won a book on Tenzing Norgay "Hero of Everest" :)

Jay

REI had a great year and the dividend was 10%. I use their Visa card and so I got back ... a lot.
:D

Not yet. I've got a climbing helmet coming from G O when I do Katahdin hopefully next week. Is that suitable for ski use?

Last edited:
I've never seen anyone on the slopes with a climbing helmet. You should consider buying one with your rebate, they are amazingly comfortable. You never know when some kid will knock you over. It's your head, as the ads say...

If you do, I highly recommend getting the shorty kind that has a detachable ear/neck protector. It's much cooler on warm days.

Rebate ... we don't need no stinkin' rebate ... 'cause my son worked there for 4 years and we got no more room in the house for equipment. Great organization in my opinion but getting rather pricey.

I was so excited seeing it the mail. I opened it with a big grin on my face only to read that my didividen was 0$'s. Then I realized that every thing I bought last year was either on sale or at the outlet. I guess that proves what my wife has been telling me for years, I am a cheap bastard!

Yeah, I only got like $3 from my REI purchases, but I use the REI card exclusively for any of my other purchases and got 95% of my rebate from that. In that way, it doesn't matter what the REI rebate is, 10%, I bought around $500 of stuff from REI but most of it from REI outlet or using a coupon...

SherpaKroto: Definitely get the REI Visa if you don't have a CC that gets some kind of reward... I used to have a Sony/Citibank but I found myself not wanting anything from Sony/colombia so I switched to just using the REI card...

Jay

With my rebate (almost $180) I found an excuse to buy more climbing stuff. Not that I needed more........ My order with REI went over $300 last night. Today I am off to the Daks satisfied that I did my part to keep the economy going.