grace day cancellation!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adk_dib

Reaction score
My dog tore her ligament this mouring and is scheduled for a thursday operation. The 2 weeks after that she will have to wear the collor and be under strict supervision. That means I cannot do panther on grace day. I have built myself up all summer for the next 3 weeks. My plan was to vacation this week from wednesday on to do 3 peaks (there goes my vacation and my $100 deposite on my vacation place). I was going to do santanoni and panther on grace day, and finish up my 46th on my 50th birthday. Your 50th only comes once (So much for the plans of mice and men). Good thing I love that dog so much! Someone has to step up and take it over for me. I hate breaking commitments but Bailey had other plans. There is no way I can leave her over the next 3 months so I am done for the year :(
good luck and I will be thinking of you guys on the 26th. I will look forward to the trip reports and pictures but will view them with a heavy heart

Hey no worries Adk_dib .... sometimes life has a way of re-arranging all your plans. I am down in Florida right now .... at the public library in Jacksonville. My wife and I have been taking my father-in-law to chemo for his lung cancer. Ya'll think it's hot up there ..... whew ..... you have no idea. It's been in the upper 90's with heat indexes close to 110. Record temps.

Anyway, I am one of the back-ups, so if Rik hasn't taken care of Panther already, then I can certainly climb for you. I may not have time to contact Rik until this weekend, but I'll be back to the northeast on Sunday and will make sure that Panther is taken care of (if it hasn't already been claimed by one of the other back-ups).

Best of luck to you and your pooch!

Rob

i12climbup said:
Hey no worries Adk_dib .... sometimes life has a way of re-arranging all your plans. I am down in Florida right now .... at the public library in Jacksonville. My wife and I have been taking my father-in-law to chemo for his lung cancer. Ya'll think it's hot up there ..... whew ..... you have no idea. It's been in the upper 90's with heat indexes close to 110. Record temps.

Anyway, I am one of the back-ups, so if Rik hasn't taken care of Panther already, then I can certainly climb for you. I may not have time to contact Rik until this weekend, but I'll be back to the northeast on Sunday and will make sure that Panther is taken care of (if it hasn't already been claimed by one of the other back-ups).

Best of luck to you and your pooch!

Rob

It has been taken care of but thanks for wanting to fill in. I am not sure what happened with the rest of this thread but it disappeared :eek:

1ADAM12 said:
It has been taken care of but thanks for wanting to fill in. I am not sure what happened with the rest of this thread but it disappeared :eek:

Pretty bizarre, eh !?

I am replacing Prino on Cascade, since he also cancelled. Everything is falling into place.

Except for one thing : I need a spot on someone's campsite at Whispering Pines saturday evening. Anyone can help ?

:confused: why do I feel like I am always asking for help all the time? :rolleyes:

Thanks anyway !!! :D

Happiness is when everyone finds a way to make room for someone special. :)

I'm camping on someone else's site, so I am not at liberty to extend a spot for you, but I am sure, with this group of wonderful people, that we will find room for you.

1ADAM12 said:

There are multiple threads with the same title. The one you are referring to is in Trips and Events.

timmus said:
I need a spot on someone's campsite at Whispering Pines saturday evening. Anyone can help ?

I have room on my site if you still need it.

I'm using the free Wifi at the airport in Jacksonville, Florida, and I will soon be offline until tomorrow afternoon, but PM or email me if you're interested.

Latest posts