Great Glen - Bretton Woods Nordic Adventure - March 4, 2007

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amicus

Reaction score
The sixth edition of this enjoyable 25/50K XC Race has been announced for Sunday, March 4, 2007. Details can be found at their website -

http://www.greatglentobrettonwoods.com/

Some people who registered last year may have unhappy memories of the Race cancellation the week before, because of the snow drought, but lightning doesn't strike twice, right? I hope to see a few other VFTT'ers during the Race or afterwards in the Bretton Woods Grand Ballroom, which was great fun two years ago.

Last edited:
I'll be there. I've done this every year it has been held and think it is a great event. I was disappointed with the cancellation last year but thought, when all is said and done, they handled it pretty well. They gave out passes to both Great Glen and Bretton Woods, which I hope to use this year (assuming we get snow).

Maybe the VFTTers who participate could meet before and/or after the event.

I plan to be there too! I am hemming and hawing a bit about just doing the 25km, but that's no fun! :D I'm sure I'll sign up for the whole thing again to get in all the fun and suffering involved... and who knows, maybe this will be the year that I can do it in under 5 hours! :rolleyes:

Snowman is still hurting a bit from our AT hike and various other injuries, so he likely will be out volunteering. Keep an eye out for him!

See you out on the trails! And keep your fingers crossed for lots of snow, so that we can use our GG and BW passes from last year, and get in lots of training and great days out on our skis!

LarryD said:
I was disappointed with the cancellation last year but thought, when all is said and done, they handled it pretty well. They gave out passes to both Great Glen and Bretton Woods, which I hope to use this year (assuming we get snow).

Maybe the VFTTers who participate could meet before and/or after the event.

I agree - they can't control the weather. I've got my passes and am looking forward to using them - I haven't XC'd the Bretton Woods trails since the '80s.

I'll probably be doing the Untimed (we have stopwatches) 25K again with some non-VFTT friends, but hope to meet LarryD, Danielle and other participating VFTT'ers in the Ballroom.

Thought I would try to move this thread back up toward the top. Any (other) VFTTers planning on doing this event next weekend? For a change there may actually be some snow on the trails.

I'm in, but as with Amicus, just for the 25km. Not quite enough skiing under my belt to want to do the 50km, unfortunately... Still, I'm looking forward to it though! We were at Great Glen yesterday--the snow was great, and boy was it a great day to be out! Gorgeous :) Look forward to seeing you all out there!