Hale-North Twin-South Twin-Zealand loop Saturday 8/11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mats Roing

Reaction score
North Twin-South Twin-Zealand-Hale loop Saturday 8/11

Planning to start at 7:30am from North Twin TH heading up North Twin. Then go counter-clockwise around to Zealand via Twinway. After coming down from Zeacliff we take a left up Lend-a-Hand trail to Hale. Then from the summit of Hale we take the old Fire Warden trail back down to North Twin trail and the cars.

This is not a speed hike. Thinking we might be on the trail for 8-9 hours or so. Let me know who's in.

Last edited:
Mats ~ Here's another route

Park at the North Twin Trailhead
Head up to North Twin, over to South
Down to Galehead Hut
UP & back to Galehead summit
Return to South Twin
Twinway from South to Zealand
continue to Zealand Hut (or skip the actual Hut)
Travel across the Lend A Hand to Hale
descend the former Fire Warden's Trail

It's a favorite of mine :)

Cath said:

Head up to North Twin, over to South
Down to Galehead Hut
UP & back to Galehead summit
Return to South Twin
Twinway from South to Zealand
continue to Zealand Hut (or skip the actual Hut)
Travel across the Lend A Hand to Hale
descend the former Fire Warden's Trail

It's a favorite of mine :)

That way you avoid the flat section below the hut including the road between the two trailheads. It will be more of a quality trail hike it looks like.
Thye Galehead could be considered a "bonus" with getting more excercise going down and up the west side of South Twin :)

Hey Cath.....if I were to guess.....you must have stood on top of a NH48 at least 1,000 times.......

Cath said:

OK, Cath, you persuaded me to start at North Twin TH :)

So, let's meet at North Twin TH at 7:30am Saturday. This way there won't be any boring parts to hike. So we finish by going up Lend-a-Hand trail to Hale and then down the Fire Warden trail to North Twin Trail and the cars.

Weather forecast looks great! :)

bikehikeskifish said:
I plotted this similar route out some time ago... This weekend wouldn't work for me, but you can feel free to use this info.

Thanks for the map and elevation chart Tim. Unfortunately didn't look at them until now. My computer at work blocked it out. I'll post a trip report soon. We had a great hike!