Happy Birthday Darren!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The big one. Yeah. I wish I was headed to that big one again. I just struck 50 this year. I can feel the merchant of death tugging on my shoulder. :eek: :D

Happy Birthday Darren.

Keith

Happy birthday Daren. Isn’t it true that the closer you live to the Equator the farther you travel every day? With all that extra wear and tear from your extra travels you must be a whole lot older than you would be if you lived up here with us all the time. :D

Ed 'n Duffy said:
Isn’t it true that the closer you live to the Equator the farther you travel every day? With all that extra wear and tear from your extra travels you must be a whole lot older than you would be if you lived up here with us all the time. :D
Actually, the opposite applies. Because he is moving faster at the equator, time passes more slowly. Einstein's relativity etc.

Happy B'day, younger'un.

Doug

DougPaul said:
Actually, the opposite applies. Because he is moving faster at the equator, time passes more slowly. Einstein's relativity etc.
Only relevant for velocities close to the speed of light (v > 0.98c). Shame on you, Doug. Always check yer Lorentz Transforms before posting, especially Happy Birthday Messages!

Happy Birthday Darren, #38.

Wikipedia said:
38 is the 11th distinct biprime

38! - 1 yields 523022617466601111760007224100074291199999999, which is a factorial prime.

There is no answer to the equation φ(x) = 38, making 38 a nontotient.

38 is the sum of the squares of the first three primes.

37 and 38 are the first pair of consecutive positive integers not divisible by any of their digits.

38 is the largest even number which cannot be written as the sum of two odd composite numbers.

-Dr. Wu

Last edited:
Mahalo nui loa!

I always try to travel at least at .985c so I am aging slower. That is my story and Einstein and I are sticking to it.

Carmel is out here visiting me so it is a happy birthday indeed. This past weekend we went to Kauai and camped on a remote beach. Due to my broken leg (x2), it was the first time I slept in a tent in a year and a half. It was awesome. A few days early, but it was a great "birthday" event.

3086-650.jpg

Aloha,

- darren

Reactions: arm
dr_wu002 said:
Only relevant for velocities close to the speed of light (v > 0.98c). Shame on you, Doug. Always check yer Lorentz Transforms before posting, especially Happy Birthday Messages!
Sorry, but what I said is true. What I didn't say was whether the effect was big enough to be noticeable.

The effect has to be taken into account in the clocks in the GPS satellites are the system would be completely useless within a very short period. They run slower by 7.2 microseconds/day relative to ground clocks due to the orbital motion*. The satellites are moving at ~8600mph (~13900 km/h), well under 0.98c. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Positioning_System#Relativity

* The lower gravity at the orbital altitude also makes the clocks run 45.9 microseconds/day fast for a total of ~38 microseconds/day fast. Appropriate corrections have been applied to make the system operate properly.

And IMO, Darren is still welcome to a happy B'day no matter how fast or slowly his clock runs...

Doug

Last edited: