Hi everyone !

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motabobo

Reaction score
Hi everyone !

I've been browsing the forums for quite some time and even hiked with some of you guys, but now is the time for me to register officially.

A candidate to the famous "Team Canada", I'm an avid peakbagger that is currently looking for hiking partners for some winter bushwalks in the Whites and/or the Catskills. I don't have any navigational skills yet (doh!) but can easily adapt to any pace unless you're a cross-country runner. No worries though, I'm planning to buy a GPS (and perhaps you could help me choosing one by looking at this post : http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?p=124360#post124360, and I'm also reading a book on how to use the damn thing along with a compass.

I've put up my personal website and you can check it out if you like (link in my profile & signature).

Any comment(s) would be appreciated.

See you on the trail !

Cheers :cool:

Last edited:
timmus: If you are the person I think you are (and you obviously you are) then yeah :eek:
I'm looking forward to it ;)

Hiking partner for ADK

Salut!
I only have 13 more peaks to go to get my ADK 46W badge. Would love to hike with you if our schedules can match. Check out my recent posts.
BTW Parles-tu Français par hasard? Bonne chance dans tes projets de montagne.
Pour ma part j'aimerais bien monter une expé. pour gravir le mont d'Iberville dans l'Ungava d'ici 3 ou 4 ans. Je veux cependant faire avant tous les monts sur ta liste en conditions hivernales.
Je souhaite aussi mettre sur pied un groupe de montagnards Québécois francophones aguerris pour escalader Kathadin pour l'hiver 2007 ou 2008. Au plaisir!
Pierre (Oncoman)

Oncoman said:
Salut!
I only have 13 more peaks to go to get my ADK 46W badge. Would love to hike with you if our schedules can match. Check out my recent posts.
BTW Parles-tu Français par hasard? Bonne chance dans tes projets de montagne.
Pour ma part j'aimerais bien monter une expé. pour gravir le mont d'Iberville dans l'Ungava d'ici 3 ou 4 ans. Je veux cependant faire avant tous les monts sur ta liste en conditions hivernales.
Je souhaite aussi mettre sur pied un groupe de montagnards Québécois francophones aguerris pour escalader Kathadin pour l'hiver 2007 ou 2008. Au plaisir!
Pierre (Oncoman)
Héhé Iberville est dans la liste de tous les peakbaggers québécois ! Escalader Katadhin...y'a effectivement quelques routes III et IV qui m'apparaissent très intéressantes ! On s'en reparle.

Welcome new warrior.....

Hi Motabobo. :)

Gorgeous Web site!!!

Impressive realisation for a young man. ;)

Junior suggestion! :D

Maybe it will be intersting for You to have 2 columns, one for all seasons and a other for Winter.

Or 4 columns 4 seasons!
Or 12 columns.... :rolleyes:

He Junior 'You have the tongue also long of your ears today" ;) Alain

You are young and full of promise...

We are sure We will have great trail reports with You in this site...

Take care.

Pinpin Junior

PINPIN JUNIOR said:
Gorgeous Web site!!!
Impressive realisation for a young man. ;)
Thanks I put a lot of work in it :)
PINPIN JUNIOR said:
Maybe it will be intersting for You to have 2 columns, one for all seasons and a other for Winter.
There is so much peaks to climb that I don't know if I'm going to do the same list twice but it's a nice idea !
PINPIN JUNIOR said:
You are young and full of promise...
:eek:

Wow, that is indeed quite a website! Very nice pictures. It's nice to flip through a survey of the whole Northeast, plus the international stuff.

The Catskills are a great place to develop map and compass and general orienteering skills. They are just "wild" enough to present some challenges, but you're never really more than a few miles from a road or trail, so if you get turned around, it's usually easy to use a bailout route.

The forests are mostly hardwoods on the lower slopes, hemlocks in and near brook gorges and ravines, and spruce-fir above 3500'. In the more open hardwood forests it's generally pretty easy to follow a compass bearing. There are old woods roads and a few herd paths, but unlike the ADK 46, there is not necessarily an obvious herd path to each "trailess" peak. So, you get to do some real bushwhacking.

Matt

Hi Motabobo

Welcome to VFTT. Very nice website. Will definitly be checking out your progress. I'm presently working on the AT and the Catskills. Look forward to running into you someday.

George