Hiking and Biking - The Other Health Insurance

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stash

Reaction score
Interesting article on the recovery of Rep. Giffords and how her overall fitness, including being a hiker and bicyclist, is likely helping speed recovery.

USA Today Article

Rosseau's advice: Follow Giffords' lead and make healthy choices "as a way of giving yourself an extra insurance policy, an insurance policy that can help you move a step toward a better outcome."

Cycling is certainly part of my:

- Health plan
- Reduced dependence on foreign oil
- Reduced congestion on highways
- Reduced greenhouse emissions
- Wealth building plan (my annual cycling replacement parts/clothing bill is always less than the gasoline cost to take my car to work, plus it saves at least one oil change per year.)

Hiking... well it certainly is healthier and cheaper than a lot of other activities. I probably drive to the White Mountains to the tune of the miles I bicycle commute.

Tim

Cycling is certainly part of my:

- Health plan
- Reduced dependence on foreign oil
- Reduced congestion on highways
- Reduced greenhouse emissions
- Wealth building plan (my annual cycling replacement parts/clothing bill is always less than the gasoline cost to take my car to work, plus it saves at least one oil change per year.)

Hiking... well it certainly is healthier and cheaper than a lot of other activities. I probably drive to the White Mountains to the tune of the miles I bicycle commute.

Tim

Tim does it increase your dependence on out of state rice, oats and potatoes? It can't be good for the New Hampshire economy.

Tim does it increase your dependence on out of state rice, oats and potatoes? It can't be good for the New Hampshire economy.

Funny there was a news bit on NHPR last night about the unknown / unintended / hidden consequences of trying to be green. This story centered on telecommuting and having to heat your own home office when you might not otherwise have to do so.

I do try to buy from NH stores whenever possible. Hard to get local fresh produce this time of year ;) (Hard to get good/fresh produce period.)

Tim