Hiking on Sunday - 6/10/2007???

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGEarl

Reaction score
We all know that plans change, which is exactly what happened to me. I wasn’t expecting to be able to hike this weekend but that isn’t the case any longer.

Consequently, I’m looking for a hike!

Here are a few suggestions for hikes that interest me:

Carrigain via Signal Ridge = 10 miles, 6hr 40min (est)

Flume & Liberty via Wilderness & Osseo = 10.7 miles, 7hr 15min (est)

Lafayette & Lincoln via FWT, FRT, & OBP = 8.9 miles, 6hr 25min (est)

I believe my first choice would be one of the hikes on Franconia Ridge but would be eager to hike any of the three that are listed.

Anybody interested? ;)

Please reply to this thread or by PM and we can work out the details.

I’ll be checking the thread up to early Saturday morning and then will be away for the day, back Saturday evening.

I prefer an early start and my hiking speed is moderate – somewhere around book time.

Earl

:)

In case anybody is thinking about this one....

It looks like the day is coming together for a hike to Carrigain. I expect to arrive at the trailhead around 8:30am for a start by 9:00am. The exact target times are subject to slight change but I'll post the final details late afternoon - early evening today.

Final details.....

Plan to meet between 8:00am and 8:30am at the trailhead for the Signal Ridge Trail on Sawyer River Road.

We'll plan to set out as soon as we can.

The planned time is roughly 7 hours, which means we should be back out to the trailhead by approximately 4:00pm, or a little later if we spend extra time on the tower.

Currently it looks like we have four hikers for the day.

I almost forgot.... I'll plan to leave from Nashua at approximately 5:30am. There's currently empty seats in the truck if anybody is interested.

Last edited: