Hoffman Mountain

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peak_bgr

Reaction score
There was an old trail that once left the trail to Severance Hill. It descended down to the base of Hedgehog Hill then redirected to the valley below Hoffman Mountian. I was up there recently and couldn't find the old trail.

Does anyone have any idea on its where abouts, or if it's still available?

Next, if anyone has been on Hoffman and knows of a good route other than from the notch, please feel free.

Spence,

You might want to post this on the 46R listserv. There are lots of ADK100 folks over there and you might get a larger audience for your question.
I'm all ears....maybe we can do Hoffmann together.

PB

Definately will. This trip up Severance today was more of a trail finding mission than any other.

Spence,

I'm going to ask Pete Hickey to contact you. He runs the listserv.
You basically sign up, and then receive email messages from everyone who posts their. Its been so long I don't recall how I first signed up.
He will definitely know.

PB

Walt Hayes, a member of ADK's Schenectady Chapter, is real knowledgeable about that area. In fact I think he's doing some info gathering for the unit management plan. If you go to the Schenectady Chapter's website and open up the newsletter, you can get his contact info from the outings sectionhttp://www.geocities.com/schdyadk/