Identify this caterpillar?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmorgan

Reaction score
Long Island, NY Avatar: The REAL Dylan goe
Anyone know what this is? Saw it on the way up Balsam Lake mtn. Saturday.

2384213250100209210S600x600Q85.jpg

thanks,
Kevin

Not really helpful, but...

Kevin,

I apologize in advance that I can't be more helpful in a "real" name..but man, oh, man do I ever want to call this the Pirate Caterpillar or maybe just Jolly Roger. It looks like it's covered with little skull pictures! Cool. Hope you find an id more conclusive and universally agreed upon than mine...but I think I'll stick with the Jolly Rogerpillar if I ever happen to see one in the future. Thanks for sharing!

Jen

Toe Cozy said:
Kevin,

I apologize in advance that I can't be more helpful in a "real" name..but man, oh, man do I ever want to call this the Pirate Caterpillar or maybe just Jolly Roger. It looks like it's covered with little skull pictures! Cool. Hope you find an id more conclusive and universally agreed upon than mine...but I think I'll stick with the Jolly Rogerpillar if I ever happen to see one in the future. Thanks for sharing!

Jen

That's good, I was going to go with "Death's Head" caterpillar. I've never seen one like this before, but then again, in trying to ID it on some web sites there are some real funky looking caterpillars out there that I've never seen!

Kevin