Is this bad?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongoose

Reaction score
Is this bad? For some reason the rubber part on the front of my Koflach Arcti Expe boot broke a few weeks ago. I went hiking with it last week and it seemed fine. I don't know if it's holding something that may come loose soon though?

broken_boot.JPG

The rubber piece may be used as a weld for a step-in crampon. If you use a strap-on crampon, then probably doesn't make a difference...

Jay

I put a piece of duct tape over it to keep it from flapping around. I'll glue it on with some Barge cement when I get back from trip Sat.

This could be true still or maybe not, but about 10 yrs ago, Koflach had a shop in nashua off 101a and they did a repair for me, not sure on the status of the shop.

Mongoose said:
I put a piece of duct tape over it to keep it from flapping around. I'll glue it on with some Barge cement when I get back from trip Sat.
If you really want it to 'stay stuck' then use a polyurethane glue like Gorilla Glue or Ultimate Glue from Elmers.

Kevin Rooney said:
If you really want it to 'stay stuck' then use a polyurethane glue like Gorilla Glue or Ultimate Glue from Elmers.
Make sure that you will never want to remove any of the above glues before using them (for instance to fix a new problem or refix an old problem).

Barge cement is used on boots because it can be released by heat.

Doug

Latest posts