Isolation on 11/23 for Fat Tuesday's 48th

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LRiz

Reaction score
Date: Sunday 23rd November
Mountain: Isolation
Start Time and Location: 6am from the Glen Boulder trailhead
Occasion: Fat Tuesday's 48th!

Fat Tuesday and I are planning a hike up Isolation this coming Sunday. Wet, yucky trail conditions and a particularly aggressive grouse turned us away two weeks ago... but we are fighters and shall persevere!

We're planning to spot cars at both the Rocky Branch and Glen Boulder trailheads, to give us some flexibility with regards to the route. Both a traverse (Glen Boulder --> Davis Path --> Rocky Branch) and a rt via Glen Boulder/Davis Path are possible at this point - The final route will be determined based on above treeline and Rocky Branch conditions.

Please let us know if you're interested in joining. It's going to be one heck of a good time, I'd love to make Fat Tuesday's final peak a really amazing experience. :)

Congrats in advance to ya, Mardi! Glen Boulder is a nice choice. :)

I wish we could be there, but we will be in Maine for the weekend.
Please keep us in the loop if your plans change, OK?

good luck on 48! hope the weather works out for you!
i will be at Stowe for the first chair of the season at 7:45AM!!!:D

Shouldn't you actually finish on Fat Tuesday which is a bit late this year (or early for next year)??? :p

Jay

Since I doubt I'm going to make to where I really want to be on Saturday night/Sunday due to prior commitment issues ironically I had toyed with the idea of doing Isolation on Sunday. Figured that since I was going to be alone anyway Isolation could be apropos. I can't guarentee anything yet though. (6am yuckie!!!, but I should be just down the road from the Glen Boulder Trailhead...)

My issue is that Saturday on Mooselauke will be my first hike back after surgery. So I was going to use Saturday as a guage.

If you see a light blue VT Subaru Outback sedan in the parking lot that morning I'll be joining you. If not enjoy.

Since I doubt I'm going to make to where I really want to be on Saturday night/Sunday due to prior commitment issues ironically I had toyed with the idea of doing Isolation on Sunday. Figured that since I was going to be alone anyway Isolation could be apropos. I can't guarentee anything yet though. (6am yuckie!!!, but I should be just down the road from the Glen Boulder Trailhead...)

My issue is that Saturday on Mooselauke will be my first hike back after surgery. So I was going to use Saturday as a guage.

If you see a light blue VT Subaru Outback sedan in the parking lot that morning I'll be joining you. If not enjoy.[/
QUOTE]

that is about 80% of all the cars in vermont :D

that is about 80% of all the cars in vermont :D

Yeah, I thought about that when I was writing it. To make it more descriptive I'll be the one in the hat....

It's actually the running joke. In VT you don't ask someone what kind of car they drive, you just ask, "So what color is your outback?"

I have differentiated myself with the "Sedan". Most others have the outback wagon.... :p

thats a great idea jay!
save your finish until fat tuesday and have a big party!!!

Great idea…

Everyone: tell your bosses that you need Tues, 2/24 off to celebrate Mardi Gras.

Hmm.

I’m not patient enough to wait till then for my last peak, but I love the idea of a Fat Tuesday costume hike. Feathers, beads… Jay and mookie will be mixing sazeracs on the summit.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91912549

Best wishes for a successful trip, whether via Glen Boulder or the Rocky Branch Trails. We tried reasoning with that spruce grouse a few weeks back, but he was having none of it...Happy Trails.

Good luck on this one. I'll be hiking to Isolation on Saturday with an AMC group. I'll try to remember to post a trail conditions report when I get home.