Italian Alps?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteMTHike

Reaction score
After watching the Olympics (especially the X-Country skiing) I was wondering if anyone on this board has ever been hiking in the area of Turino, Italy or the Italian Alps. If anyone has, would you like to share your experiences on this board or do you have any links to some photos that you may have taken?

Thanks.

:)

My husband and I did the Tour Mont Blanc for our honeymoon, which took us through the very northern tip of Italy. The hike was a ~100 mile circuit through Switzerland, France, and Italy (we did hut to hut). The scenery was amazing and we had a wonderful time. Our pictures and trip notes are here (also includes some extra hiking in Zermatt after we finished the TMB).

Not in the Turino area, but my trip reports are online from the Dolomites - the Italian Alps near the Austrian border. That part of the Alps is different than the part near France, but awesome as well.

Part 6 of my 6 part TR is at the below link. That report has links to the previous 5 parts.

http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9274

- darren

In 1998 my wife & I spent three weeks in Europe, centered around Alps, many tourist things, drove through & around alps but did do a day hike in Stelvio National Park in Italy & an overnight in a Hut up Zugspitze.

No pictures I believe online, (my brother-in-law used to have a website with pics on it from his trip with my wife in 1995 but I suspect it's down)

We spend a night at a hotel at just over 9,000 in Stelvio Pass, some trails started there that brought you to 9,700 foot summits which felt like cheating so we did not do that, I did stroll (huffing) up to a local landmark 285 feet about the hotel.

between the snow, ice, waterfalls, etc., in the area, I've already mapped out a few more hikes in the park. Likely will not be back until kids are teens (at least 10 more years) but Stelvio, Zugspitze & more time are on teh long range agenda.

Stelvio used to have a webcam & Zugspitze does too. searching Zugspitze should get you some hits, it's germany's tallest & one of the seven peace summits.

trip pre-dated us having a digital camera, sorry :(