Jericho Road open?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KV

Reaction score
I've searched online, but can only find woefully outdated notices and posts. Anybody know if Jericho Road (in Glen) is still gated 1.5-2 miles from the bridge? Thinking of heading to the Stairs this fall and just need to know what to plan for. TIA

The following was written three days ago in a trip report by Steve Smith who was in that area. I hope this helps.

The 2017 Halloween storm caused extensive damage on the upper portion of Jericho Road, which leads to the southern trailhead for Rocky Branch Trail. Though the road has been mostly repaired, it has been closed indefinitely by the Forest Service, as additional damage is likely in the future. There is now a 1.8 mile road walk to reach the southern trailhead.

I missed Steve's post. Thanks. That's what I figured, but I don't get out that way often.
We hiked there this summer. Road is gated, bridge was removed.
There was a Forest Service truck at the small turn around, east of the site of the bridge, plus big equipment obviously removed the massive concrete bridge.
So the road is vehicle worthy. My guess is they are keeping it closed because there's not much room to park at the former bridge site.