Jet Boil - works with which fuels?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadtripper

Reaction score
I'm confused :confused:

I'm head out on a trip on Sunday and I'm going to be bringing my Jet Boil. I obviously can't bring fuel on the plane, so I'm going to have to pick some up between the Airport and our destination.

I'm not positive I'll be able to find Jet Boil-brand fuel where we are going, so I'm wondering which other brands (pictues would be helpful) will work with this system. I guess Jet-Boil uses the "EN417" value and I'm told this is industry standard.

Does anyone know which fuels work with Jet-Boil and if you've had any positive/negative experiences with them?

Thanks!

Found this tidbit:

Other fuel

The Jetpower fuel is a blend of iso-butane and propane that is formulated to provide the best performance for the Jetboil system. However, you can use any other canister fuel that conforms to the EN417 specification for its valve (which is basically the standard for all fuel canisters).

This comes from here

Brian

Any cannister with the Lindal valve will work. This is the standard screw on valve that is on 95% of the cannisters sold in the US.

The composition of the fuel isn't as much of an issue in the summer, the blends are more important in the winter.

My Gigapower uses all of the cannisters just fine, from Jetboil to Snowpeak to the Wal-Mart large ones.

I've had no problem using the red MSR canisters with my Jetboil. You actually get a little more fuel for your $$ with those anyway. The only thing you lose is the convenience of fitting the canister into the stove for storage.

Matt