Join me on #100

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peak_bgr

Reaction score
Brian and I will be finishing our Adirondack Hundred Highest on Sawtooth #5. The plan is-

10-14 camping at the Blueberry lean-to in the ward brook area. I will leave directly from work and start a hike in around 4pm. The more the merrier at camp-join us for the weekend or meet us on Saturday at camp for a semi-early start.

10-15 we will set off to finish up on #5. Our route is short-about a mile from the Ward Brook Lean-to area. Plan on 4 hours bushwhacking and a couple hours on the trail. Leaving camp around 9am. Returning to camp for another night in the woods.

10-16 Hike out for breakfast someplace in Placid.

This is going to be a three day event for us Friday through Sunday. Maddi and my son Eric look to be joining us at least for the camping part.

This of course is a weather permitting camping trip. If the weather looks bad for Friday and Saturday this will be a day hike on Sunday. If the weather looks bad for Sunday we will still camp and hike, but come out in the rain on sunday.

So who's in??? Hope to see you there.

I would *love* to be there, but I have a wedding to attend that weekend. Good luck and good weather!!!

Spence, do you plan on barbequeing another one of those chunks of meat? And what about the blue beer tub?

Spence and Brian, congratulations on finishing your ADK 100 highest! You know this is just a big stepping stone to more of these wild bushwhacking adventures, right? Are you ready to take it to the next level (ADK 3000 footers)? I thought some of the 318 NY 3000s were the toughest in the Northeast because of the far out accessibility and tough terrain challenges.

I'm sure gonna try..........

Not because it's your 100th mind you, but because it'll be my #71 :eek:

Gotta work as of right now, but we'll try to squeeze in for this big one for sure. Great work.....

Hi Spence, good luck and congratulations in advance! I'll be with you in spirit!

I'm in

I would LOVE to join you! I'm looking forward to camping in the woods, hanging out with good people, and my first bushwhack with someone who knows what they are doing!

I will hike in Friday, and out Saturday.

CM

Weekend postponed due to the crap coming from the sky. Unsure of a finish date at this point. Maybe a mid week next week??

Back on as a dayhike on Wednesday 10/26. PM me or Peakpagr for details. Hope to see you. Snow is in the forecast :D

yvon said:
I was wondering if there is a Adirondack Hundred Highest patch? I cannot find anything on it.

No, as far as I know, right now there is no patch, club, or official recognition for completing the HH.

The best estimate I've ever heard is that only 30-50 have ever finished it so far. Seems as if a bunch more are on the cusp.