June 26, Gary Moody Memorial Hike

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dr_wu002

Reaction score
On June 26, 2007 we commemorate misunderstood American Icon and Folk Hero Gary Moody with a hike, probably up Moosilauke but I'm open to other options. You see, Gary heroically went into the outhouse to retrieve his ring that had been given to him by his wife whom he loved so dearly. He loved her enough to wade around for hours in poop, looking for that ring. And then he was humiliated as police brutally sprayed him with a fire hose, as if he was some dirty piece of trash that they needed to clean off. Oh, poor Gary.

Since Gary is probably not allowed to set foot in the State of New Hampshire we will have to memorialize him without him. And since the walk to the Lower Falls outhouse from the parking lot doesn't seem like a particularly interesting hike that I'm willing to drive 4 hours each way to do, I'm thinking something more exciting like Moosilauke. Perhaps we'll find an outhouse along the way to peer into to see if Gary's there. Perhaps he'll be lurking in one of the Beaver Ponds along the Tunnel Brook Trail that I'd like to walk.

Anyway, I'd like to start the hike at the Glencliff Trailhead at around 6am. Glencliff TH - Tunnel Brook - Benton Trail - Moosilauke Summit - Glencliff Trail Down. Any takers? Gary will be happy.

-Dr. Wu

[ I'm thinking something more exciting like Moosilauke. Perhaps we'll find an outhouse along the way to peer into to see if Gary's there.
-Dr. Wu[/QUOTE]
If you do Moosilaukee, there is a good out-house at the Beaver Brook TH.
Someone, wrote with a sharpie, " make it stink " Might have been Gary! :eek:
There is also, a "Gary Moody Memorial", used as a shelter, on the east side of Wachusett summit. :)

Stev-o said:
[
If you do Moosilaukee, there is a good out-house at the Beaver Brook TH.
I just want to let everyone know: I have no (zero) plans on going into the toilet in any of these out-houses. If someone wants to, they can do it at their own risk -- but I am not advocating breaking the law. This is simply a memorial hike to commemorate a very misunderstood man who is a hero to many of us here.

-Dr. Wu

Last edited:
I can see where this is going

Mod Hat on.
I've heard that Gary, has lost HIS ring, in more than one, WOMANS latrines. :eek:
Perhaps, you should find a new hero.
No offense.
BTW, What time should I be there?
Mod Hat off...

Stev-o said:
Mod Hat on.
I've heard that Gary, has lost HIS ring, in more than one, WOMANS latrines. :eek:
Perhaps, you should find a new hero.
No offense.
BTW, What time should I be there?
Mod Hat off...
6am dude. are you up for it fer real?

You know, I think I'm just going to shut this one down. If you'd like to start a thread about a hike up Moosilauke, please do so without the scatological humor. It's not really appropriate.

-dave-

Status
Not open for further replies.