Kaaterskill Falls...the Movie?!?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does look interesting but all the data I can find on it goes back to 2001-2002
:confused:

I saw the (VHS) movie in a video store in New Paltz once, but I haven't seen the movie... Might be worth a few chuckles!

Jay

I rented it a few years back, before I got really into hiking or exploring this area. I'd probably appreciate the local scenery more now. I didn't even recognize anything the way I would now. I believe some of it was shot around Saugerties. Maybe I'll get it again some time.

I think the movie's worth a look at the very least, although I do know one person that absolutely hated it. It involves a young couple that meets a "drifter"-type character, and the tension that ensues. They actually do take a hike, the results of which are a major part of the plot. There is some interesting symbolism. The characters are perhaps somewhat cliche.

But, yeah, Head, I'd say check it out. As a film-type person yourself, I'd be curious to see what you think.

Matt

According to Head's IMDB link, in addition to Kaaterskill Falls, it was filmed at Bear Mtn State Park and also at Brookside Cottages which are by Slide Mtn on Oliverea Road.... in Pine Hill/Big Indian, NY

Jay