Katahdin's Edge releases new CD

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzbo

Reaction score
Waltham, MA Jazzbo & Marty meet Bigfoot on Kenne
As Jazzbo I feel it my duty to announce to fellow VFTT jazz afficionados the release of a new CD by Katahdin's Edge a local jazz group in New England. I heard cuts from this CD yesterday evening on Eric jackson's show on WGBH Boston and the music rocks! (If that is the correct way to phrase it?) Willie Myette a member of the group was Eric's guest and Willie discussed his love of hiking in the mountains and many of the tunes have titles related to hiking including "The Ridge", The Path", and "Broken Leg Blues". I wasn't listening 100%, but I did hear him discuss hiking the Knife Edge and other great hikes so he's the real thing. If members out there like jazz and want to patronize one of their own, I definitely recommend visiting their site and giving him a listen. I particularly like the piece entitled "The Edge". It's just the sort of music I'd like having in my head when I'm doing a ridge walk.

http://www.katahdinsedge.com/