Kids Hike in the Catskills Sunday 6/12/5

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
For anyone interested, there will be a kids hike this Sunday to Dibble's Quarry, in the Catskills. It's about 1 mile up the Pecoy Notch Trail, (and back). The quarry is a huge hodge-podge of mostly flat rocks, that have been 'sculpted' into thrones, chairs, steps, pillars, tables, even a 'dungeon'! ;) I was just there last weekend with another group of kids (ages 4 to about 16), and they all had a blast!

There is a nice swimming hole at the trail head too, so bring a change of clothes if you want to cool off after the hike.

Your child must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, so no dumping the little tikes off on us for a few hours of peace and quiet! :D

If interested, please contact me.

Tom, what time will you be starting ? Are you entering via Roaring Kill parking area ?

Would these be correct ?
From I-87, exit 20 (Saugerties), L on Rt. 212 west; R on Co. Rt. 35 (Blue Mountain Rd.) for 2 mi.; L on Co. Rt. 33 and drive up to top of clove; turn L on Dale Lane; turn R at fork and follow DEC signs to Roaring Kill parking area.

Last edited:
Chip said:
Tom, what time will you be starting ?

The start time is 1:00 PM.

As far as food goes, bring a snack and something to drink. We will spend a fair amount of time at the quarry if you want to eat a late lunch.

>> As far as your directions go, that looks correct. <<

Last edited:
Tom,

Wish I could go, had it marked 2 months ago and Laurie had it posted in the cannister, getting knee scoped on Friday, right when all the fun was beginning...go figure, not even a full year into this and wham...well it sounds like a nice place to check out when I'm rehabing...have fun and tell Laurie that I said hello. Seems like the last hike I did with her the day of the dinner confirmed my knee problem..David

coldfeet said:
Tom,

Wish I could go, had it marked 2 months ago and Laurie had it posted in the cannister, getting knee scoped on Friday, right when all the fun was beginning...go figure, not even a full year into this and wham...well it sounds like a nice place to check out when I'm rehabing...have fun and tell Laurie that I said hello. Seems like the last hike I did with her the day of the dinner confirmed my knee problem..David

Bummer! Hope you're better soon! I'll relay your message...

You are correct, Sir.
I made the decision to move rocks and chip branches this weekend so that I could do an over-night next weekend.
I kept the info, though, it looks like a great area.