Lake Arrowhead, California info

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Eagan

Reaction score
Anyone have any advice on campsites or rental cabins? Restaurants? Trails?

I may have three or four days there with the in-laws next year.

Thanks.

Lake Arrowhead itself is a super upscale place - lots of $$ chasing real estate. It's smack in the middle of the San Bernardino NF, so there's lots of hiking in the area. Get one of the Tom Harrison maps "San Gorgonio Wilderness Trail Map" which covers that area. Should be able to get it thru REI, or have the relatives stop at a chain like Sport Chalet (a SoCal chain). On it you'll see the trails and campsites. There's a big peak in the area, rivaling Whitney in terms of effort - San Gorgonia. Needs a permit, though.

You might be able to hook up with the Sierra Club on one of their hikes. The Angles Chapter is huge - something like 90K members alone - and there are lots of subgroups. Check out the High Peaks schedule here, or the Desert Peaks schedule here.

Personally, I don't spend any time in Lake Arrowhead myself. Bit too upscale for me. Big Bear ski area isn't too bad though, when there's lots of snow. Just don't go on a weekend.