Leaving the Catskills for a week.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doodles

Reaction score
I've been hiking the Catskills every single weekend since 1/22. It's time to take a week off to pursue my other quest.

Heading down to North Carolina / Tenn. for a one week section hike of the AT. Going to hike Davenport Gap to Erwin. This wil be a 112 mile section with some nice mountains along the path. Max Patch (4629'), Bluff Mt (4686'), Big Bald (5516'), Little Bald (5220'), to name a few.

I had planned this trip as a solo hike, but when I e-mailed an old friend in the area that I was doing this section, he decided to hook up with me for a few days. He will be joining me when I go thru Hot Springs and continue on for 4 days. This was a last minute pleasant surprise.

I had hoped for some warmer weather next week, but looks like the nights will be dropping down to the low 20s. Last year when I was doing a section in Virginia on 4/25 we had a snow storm that dumped 8-12 inches of snow on us and drifts up to 3 feet when we crossed Mt Rogers.

Well, I am looking forward to this trip and hooking up with my old friend Repeat.