Liberty and Lincoln 3/10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocksnrolls

Reaction score
Phillipston, MA - Avatar: bushwacking off the top
When I first got into hiking in 2004 I only hiked in the Franconia Notch area. By the summer of 2005 I had learned about the 4000 footer list and had started branching out to the other peaks in the Whites. Fall of 2005 I joined a large group of VFTTers for my first group hike - a Franconia Ridge traverse, starting on the Skook and heading down the Osseo. And that was the last time I was on the ridge.

Now that I'm getting into winter peakbagging it occurred to me I should get back to the Franconia Ridge at least once before the season ends. Thinking of all the possible hikes one could do up there, I came up with an unusual route that appeals to me: ascend via Liberty Springs, bag Liberty, then head north across Little Haystack and on to Lincoln. Then return to the Falling Waters Tr and descend that way. If alone, I figure I'll follow the Pemi Tr back to my car, but if I can get someone to join me so we can carspot, that would be even better.

So, who wants to join me?

FWIW - By the time you get to Lincoln, you might as well do Lafayette, as it's about the same distance in terms of exposure to continue on as it is to backtrack. If you decide to do this you'd be really need a car spot, though.

Ron,

There is not a whole lot of traffic between Liberty & Lil Haystack. While it's probable it may be broken out, it will not be anywhere near as traveled as Liberty or the regular loop on Lafayette & Lincoln.