Light Wedge 3

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dundare

Reaction score
I have been doing some research for a new tent to do a mix of backpacking and carcamping. I am pretty much a 3 season type who does a couple winter camps (1 with Scouts and 1 with family) but never above treeline and usually in a statepark.

I have been zeroing in on the Light Wedge 3 from Mountain Hardwear. It seems to have everything I am looking for at a price I am willing to pay. The only concern I have to this point is the mesh door and sides. Without have a solid door to zip as well and side windows that zip up, I am a little worried that it might be too drafty for winter use.

Has anyone owned or used one of these? I would be interested in any feedback.

I've had mine for about five years now, and I love it. It's kept me dry and warm through many a nasty night. It sets up easily, packs up nicely, and can squeeze into some small spots. The only downside is that the vestibule is small - too small for two big packs. The tent itself is perfectly sized for two medium to large adults. Fitting three would be tight, but probably doable, if you don't mind a lot of close contact. There is no solid door - only mesh - so it might be a bit chilly in the winter.

The model has been updated, so perhaps some of these things have been remedied.

Last edited: