Limestone Spring Lean-To (CT A.T.) 4/6

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip

Reaction score
I have yet to see a bear in the wild and this area has the most activity on the AT in CT. It is 1/2 mile off the trail and so is often skipped. There is a cascading stream and spring there. You pass the odd stone obelisk called "Giant's Thumb" on the way in or out. Oh, and it's supposed to be haunted;

Willow '97 said:
06/15/05User Rating:
"My hiking partner Bones and I spent a terrifying night here on our AT hike. We are seasoned hikers and swear this place is haunted. If you are fine with strange lights, voices, and things that go bump in the night, by all means stay here. I would rather hike the extra 8 miles to Riga than end up at this shelter again. Yikes!!!!"
So I'm doing a longer backpack in on friday and shorter hike out on saturday (or visa versa if required by schedules) if you're interested. But I'll be at Limestone Spring friday night saying my prayers, regardless.

Last edited:
Ooh... wish I could make that. Limestone is one of my favorites in CT (have stayed there twice I liked it so much.)

Never saw any bears around there but I was seranaded by coyotes both trips.

- Ivy

So why are the CT so haunted? I have only heard noises coming from the sleeping bag next to me.