Lincoln & Lafayette Loop, Saturday 1/27/07

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGEarl

Reaction score
Saturday is looking like the best day this weekend. :D

We (Jen-san and me) are planning to hike Lincoln & Lafayette via the Falling Waters Trail, Franconia Ridge Trail, Greenleaf Trail, and Old Bridle Path. I believe this is 8.9 miles and 3,900 feet. We plan to hike the loop counterclockwise.

The pace will be moderate. Our planned start from the trailhead parking lot is 7:30am - 7:45am.

Anybody interested in joining this hike, please respond to this thread or via PM.

Full winter gear, including crampons and eye protection - goggles, is recommended. :cool:

Earl

BIGEarl said:
Full winter gear, including crampons and eye protection - goggles, is recommended. :cool:

Be prepared the wind might been strong. Last sunday I traverse
the ridge the same way you planned and it was very windy (60 miles).

Rejean.

Rejean said:
Be prepared the wind might been strong. Last sunday I traverse
the ridge the same way you planned and it was very windy (60 miles).

Rejean.

Rejean,

Thanks for the information.

We'll be ready. But, if we're hit with that kind of breeze we'll probably make a u-turn at Little Haystack and head back into the trees.

For now, the forecast is still good with a calm wind condition.

Earl

For any that may be interested.....

Due to the possibility of afternoon snow showers that may create difficult conditions on Lafayette, it looks like we'll hike the loop clockwise.

In other words, we'll set out on the Old Bridle Path to Greenleaf Trail to Lafayette summit. From there we'll follow the Franconia Ridge Trail over Lincoln to Little Haystack. Then, Falling Waters Trail back to the trailhead lot.

Sorry for the late change but this should avoid potential weather problems later in the day.

Earl