LL Bean Freeport Outlet store blowout sale

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawn Sale

Reaction score
Nobleboro, Maine Avatar: Even my shadow hikes!
I was just at the Outlet Store tonight when they marked down a bunch of coats and jackets, 3 racks of them. They were marked down already, and then they decided to take 50% off the lowest tag price, which made for some unreal deals. I asked about the discount, and they said it was to move them out of the store as they have too much inventory and need to make room.

As an example, the Mountain Hardwear Phantom Anorak (3.0 oz!) was marked down from $75 to $25, size S to L. I couldn't pass this up as I've wanted one for a long time.

Marmot Mercury Softshell M3 Jacket was marked down from $170 to $60, sizes M & L. I also picked this up as it was a great deal. The LL Bean softshell jackets are marked down from $90 to $25, which is also a great deal.

LL Bean Gore-Tex PacLite shell (not the stowaway, these are technical shells) was marked down from $250 to $65, only noticed a L. I have one of these or I'd have picked up another, I just didn't have the extra $$$ to spend.

LL Bean Gore-Tex XCR technical and parka shells were marked down from $300 to $80, sizes S to L. I also have one of these, and they are great jackets, waterproof zippers and all, absolutely bombproof.

There were lots more to choose from, more Marmot, Mountain Hardwear, etc, these are just the ones I remember. I doubt they'll be there long for those prices, but I wanted you all to know of the great deals so you can take advantage of them. Not a lot in the color selection and some aren't listed on their website, but we can't be too picky all the time.

The North Face and Patagonia were also having sales, and they're right around the corner, but they weren't the deals like I mentioned above.

I'm not making anything from this, I just wanted the people here, who have given me so much friendship and knowledge, to benefit if possible.

Last edited:
never been to the freeport outlet stores, but may have to go get myself some xmas presents!! um, how do i get there from 95 (south)?
im sure its simple, just never been
thanks

Bean's

If your going south on 95 your best bet would be to get off @ the Falmouth exit & go norht on Rt #1 & get off @ the Freeport exit. Probably about a 20 min drive. Or if you are above Gardiner just take 295 south & get off @ the Freeport exit, maybe about 20-30 min drive.

Hmmm. I'll have to check the Portland outlet store this morning and see if they've gotten any of that stuff. Sounds wicked good!

Oh boy!! I thought my shopping was done with but good deals are so hard to pass by. Thanks for the information! :)

-MEB

I checked out their women's clearance racks this afternoon. Plenty of size L softshells in 2 flavors: black Marmot lightweight and orange LLBean thick weight. Men's side had more diversity.

el-bagr said:
I checked out their women's clearance racks this afternoon. Plenty of size L softshells in 2 flavors: black Marmot lightweight and orange LLBean thick weight. Men's side had more diversity.

. . . but none of the XCR parkas. :( That's what I get for working when I should have been shopping.

Deals

No special deals @ the Portland outlet on Thursday. Freeport had the Mountain Hardware Swift Gore-Tex PacLite jacket (13oz) & the Phantom Anorak (3oz). The stuff is going quiclky. Good luck!

There are some good deals at Bean's right now. I had some gift certificates from x-mas and i bought all kinds of new stuff. The dome tents are on sale right now. I bought a 6 person dome tent for $150, normally $200. All i need now is 5 friends, preferably midgets. I am not sure who can fit 6 in those tents, maybe if you live in utah and you want to fit in your five young wives? I also bought an aerosport minute bed, those were $20 bucks off, but look like they would be great for wimpy campers, i.e. me. The north face has some good deals too. I got a nice new $130 pack for $50. So if your down in freeport, check it out.