llbean sleeping bags

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikerfast

Reaction score
look at beans bags. i would have thought all beans stuff was good, but ive also read that their bags are somewhat of a disappointment. anyone know anything about them? i would have put this on the summer bag thread, but its a bit more specific, I know someone selling a few of them

I have a LLBean 20 degree bag with Polarguard 3D insulation that I have had for about 5 years. I only actually use it about a half dozen nights a year because I also own three other bags (a -20, 0, 40 degree bags) that I use depending on the conditions. I have been very happy with my LLBean bag.
My other bags are from EMS (-20 & 40 degrees) and REI (the 0 bag). No problems with those bags either. I especially like my EMS -20 Mountain Light bag.

I have nine LL Bean sleeping bags, some down and some synthetic, ranging from -20° to 40° and have had no problems with any of them. I have had to repair the zipper on one or two, and some have had rips in them, but I've never been disappointed (how can you be when you get them off the dump). Check the weights though, some of the bags are restricted to car camping as they're pretty weighty.

My LLBean Down Backpacker, which sold as a +20 bag, is 31 years old (so I have NO IDEA what the temp rating is now, but it keeps me warm 3 seasons).

I've got the Mt Washington 20 degree and Mt Katahdin -20 degree bags from beans and have yet to have any complaints about them.

Happy Shopping!

-MEB

Mtnmama & I have 20° synthetic fill bags from bean. We've had them for nearly 10 years used them a lot. they're still holding up fine.

I actually found an LL Bean sleeping bag while backpacking years ago. The owner never claimed it. I have no idea what model is it; all I know is that it's down and comfortable and lightweight and good to about 10 or 15 degrees. It has held up really well so far. It does leak a feather or two each time out, but no significant loss of warmth in the 6 or 8 years that it has been in my care.
Also, it's a pretty sweet shade of green. Two thumbs up for that.

I just purchased at the beans outlet here in concord 2 bags:

a 775 fill power down mummy bag rated to 20
a 650 fill power down mummy bag rated to 20

each was about half price. thanks for all your responses!