Looking for a rental cabin in VT, NH or Maine - good listings?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griffin

Reaction score
Some friends and I decided it might be more fun to rent a cabin in the woods for Thanksgiving. Anyone know any good listings sites? (I have googled, but the results are both overwhelming and a bit unproductive - so I'm looking for shortcuts)

Try CyberRentals.com. They have an extensive inventory, you may find what you're looking for. Good Luck.

I've been looking at Pleasant Point Wilderness Camps located on Fourth Debsconeag Lake. It looks like there's a lot of good hiking in the area...

Debsconeag Backcountry Trail System
The Turtle Ridge Trail System
Access to the Appalachian Trail
Close to BSP.

Check it out.

Pleasant Point Wilderness Camps

How rustic are you looking for? Check out Wheeler Pond Camps through VT's GMC. Wheeler Pond Camps

A group of us went there last year in July for a summer birthday celebration. It was really lovely. There are woodstoves, an outhouse, kitchen implements, screened porches, a pond for water, hiking trails to Wheeler Mountain, canoeing in the little pond. Real close to Lake Willoughby which is really beautiful (Mt. Hor and Pisgah on either side of that). There are no "big mountains" right nearby or anything if that's what you're looking for, though. And cooking a traditional turkey, etc...could be a impossible.

It was a great little spot that could be perfect for a non-traditional thanksgiving gathering. I like it! If you don't do it, maybe I will!!!! :D

Have fun, sounds like a great idea.

Toe Cozy said:
How rustic are you looking for?

For this particular adventure, with this particular group of fellow travelers...not very.

Off in the woods and secluded? Definitely.

Bunk beds and outhouses? Not this trip.

I think the cabins I'm seeing in cyberrentals.com (thanks SkierSteve!) are going to be our best bet.

But the Wheeler Pond, Pleasant Point and Teej's Katahdin cabins would work very nicely for other trips we've talked about, so I really appreciate the links!

Last edited: