Looking for hikers in Indian Lake, NY

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadRiver

Reaction score
This was posted over at ROT by my sister with no luck, I was wondering if anyone here can give her an answer.

"I'm camping with my family in the Adirondacks (Indian Lake-Lewey Lake area) in mid-August. I've been checking around on the internet to try to find hiking clubs in that area, since members of my nuclear family do not hike. I haven't had much success. Any suggestions?"

Thanks

Indian Lake hiking

M R,

Tell your sister to go www.adk.org. Scan down on the left side and find the Chapter information. It looks like the local chapter there would be Cold River. If she goes there, there is contact information for the Co-chairs and the Outings Chair. I don't think you need to be a member of ADK to join a hike, but I'm not sure. I don't find anything about it in my chapter newsletter. She should email one of the above to check.

teejay

Can't help you with the clubs, but try out snowy if you are looking for a good hike. It is right up the road from the campground and is a good climb, and high peak steep towands the end (1400 feet in a little over a mile). The whole climb is about 2100 feet and at least 10 miles RT. There is a fire tower.